I have tried these delicious wraps and fully recommend them! The perfect guilt free lunch.
Prep Time: 5 minutes – Cook Time: 15 minutes – Total Time: 20 minutes – Servings: 4 – Serving Size: 2
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 small or 1@ medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup packed fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup your favorite green salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1-2 heads of iceberg lettuce (depending on size)
- diced avocado and tomatoes for garnish
- In a food processor, add onion, garlic, coriander, lime juice and green salsa. Pulse until a smooth salsa consistency is reached; set aside.
- In a medium non-stick sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up any large pieces, for 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt; stir.
- Add salsa to turkey and stir to combine and cook until turkey is cooked through about 5 minutes more. Add chicken stock, turn heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let turkey mixture sit while you prepare the lettuce cups.
- Tear off large pieces of lettuce that are big enough to hold about 1/3 cup of ground turkey. Top each lettuce cup with diced tomato, avocado and extra coriander if desired. If you’re like me, load it with hot sauce too!
Let me know what you think!