Perfect for the kids! Packed with loads of nutrition from the veg and quinoa.
I haven’t tried this one yet myself, but I am looking forward to it.
Makes 9 wraps, 174 cals each
- 1¼ lb ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ medium onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup grated courgette
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- ¼ tsp dried chile flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups tomato sauce (your favorite kind)
- 9 medium to large butter lettuce leaves
- 6 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, cooked quinoa, grated onion, garlic, courgette, parsley, dried chile flakes, soy sauce, oregano, ground pepper and egg.
- Mix well to combine. Using a 1½ tablespoon portion of the turkey mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, heat the tomato sauce in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce and gently stir to coat the meatballs.
- Spoon the meatballs and sauce into a bowl, serve alongside the lettuce leaves and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve 2 meatballs and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese in each lettuce wrap.